Monday, October 24, 2011

New area and baptisms



Baptism of Beatriz (the mom), Antonella, and Camilla (the youngest)


Eric with his new companion, Elder Santa Ana


After the baptisms, including Elder Smart (right) who is a roommate in Eric's apartment


Hey family, how is everyone!!! Well, if you've seen the photos you've probably realized something is different already. To give you an idea, I'm writing you from the same computer I wrote you from about a year ago. Yes, I'm in Pergamino again!!! And yes, this is my new area! However, I am not serving in the Ameghino area this time, but in Castelli, and living in the same pench where the hermanas lived when I was their district leader, the same pench we had to throw demons out of. Also, I'm with a new comp. His name is Elder Santa Ana.

Are you confused yet? I'll now explain what happened. It's a very long story, someday I'll have to explain it all with details, but basically this is what happened. Wednesday night we got a call, and I'm being emergency transferred to replace Elder ____ in Castelli, Pergamino. President informed me that something had happened, and that Elder ____ could not stay there and that he will no longer be comp mayor (senior companion) even though he's only got like 3 transfers left. I don't know what happened, no one is supposed to talk about it, but for whatever reason, he had to be taken out of there immediately and so they did a switch with me and him. So he is now with Elder Perez, and I'm now with Elder ____'s old comp, Elder Santa Ana. Well, late Thursday night I got in to Pergamino. I'm living in a 4 man pench with Elder Smart, Birch, my comp and me. Elder Smart went to Brighton High School and was one year behind me. We never knew each other in school, although we both had seen the other.

It was hard to be suddenly taken out of my area like that, with so little time left, and what's worse is I didn't have time to say good-bye to anyone!! I suppose I'd be quite upset, but it's really a blessing that I'll be able to say good-bye to everyone with you guys when you come.

So I got here Thursday night, and we worked all day Friday preparing for 3 baptisms, a family of a mom with her two girls, cause she's separated from her boyfriend. My comp is fairly new in the mission and doesn't know how to do these things, but he's very open and together we put together a very good baptism. We swung by on Friday and I got to know the family, and they really are a great family. I also did magic tricks for them which I really enjoyed because when I was with Elder Perez, he didn't like me to do them, because he thinks they are devilish. The family loved the tricks and were truly amazed, my comp was too. They really are a good family and have great testimonies.

I baptized the mom, and my comp baptized the two daughters. It was a great service and we all sung my standard baptism song, hymn 14 The Prayer of the Prophet to the tune of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, with the first vision. It was very spiritual and many tears were shed. It was a great service and many members contributed food and cakes. The confirmation also was great. I confirmed Camilla, my comp confirmed Antonella, and the Bishop confirmed Beatriz (which is actually her middle name because she doesn't like her first name, Olga.)

So I'm happy to be here, we have lots of fun and it's a fun pench too, because they're all great guys. By the way, yes, I took out the 100 dollars that you saw, sorry but I had no money whatsoever for travel to get here or anywhere. I really hate taking out personal money like this, but traveling is a necessity. I hope to get my mission money soon, although last time I talked to Elder Faldmo (the finance person) he said that he doesn't know how to do reimbursals, and he's trying to learn it now, but it may take a while! We'll see what happens.

Today we also had a great Pday, we played soccer in the stake center (Ameghino church) and it was super fun. It's a pretty cool day, too, and all cloudy and rainy which made it really nice. I played pretty good again and we had a lot of fun.

We have a good ward here, it's pretty small although according to my comp we had record assistance this past Sunday of like 40, so that's good that it's improving. We have one sister though, who is incredible!! She is Hermana Jorge, and she has had incredible experiences in the church. The biggest experiences she's had is that she was the official corrector and finalizer of Jesus the Christ, Preach My Gospel, and most of the Teachings of the Prophets, in Spanish! That means that she was the last person to look at the translation of all those books, make the final changes, and send it off for mass printing. WOW!! That's cool! She's such a smart old lady and has had so much experience. I was scared when she asked for a health blessing later!! How can I give a health blessing to someone like that, someone who's worked with the Apostles and Prophets personally!

Well, you probably have lots of questions about this change. Anything more I can tell you when you come. Next week will be my last time writing you!! It sounds crazy to think about!! I can't believe it!! I'm super excited and have been blessed my whole mission, and here I am in a great new area to finish in. Yes, these have been the best two years. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this for it's not my intention. My opinion is, is that these mission years are the best two years of your life, and that if they're not, then you're doing something wrong. If you do things like you should they will be the best two years ever. Now, OJO! (Watch out!) Don't think that means you won't have horrible days among those two years. I'm speaking of the overall 2 years, because you will have some of the WORST days or weeks of your life too in these two years probably. But as a total, yes, these are the best two years.

Anyway, thanks for sending me the homecoming talk topic, it sounds like a good topic.

Well, I love you all very much, and hope the best for you. Enjoy your little condo.

Love,
Eric
_________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment