Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Argentine Mother's Day!



Eric gets a hug from President Arnold


Eric with his two "sons"


Eric with Elder Strate


Eric said they went by the dinosaur museum one Pday, but it was closed so they couldn't go in.



Hey family!! How are you!! It's great to be able to write again.

This week has been good, especially with the visit of President Arnold!! He, his wife, and the mission president and his wife all gave great talks, with President Arnold of course taking up most of the time. We had it in the HUGE Rosario chapel Wednesday morning. I enjoyed his talk, focused mostly on obedience. It was a good talk. All the talks were given in Spanish, even by President Arnold and his wife who clearly are new to the language. President Arnold did an alright job although he had a pretty thick accent. I used to find it easier to hear Americans speaking Spanish with their accents, but now I find it easier to hear just a normal Argentine speak. He didn't do anything wild or make any big changes, but it was a good motivational talk.

Sorry I had to take out more money. The worst part is I may have to take out more. Money goes very quickly here, with all the expenses and travels, etc. Transportation is really expensive but we have to do it of course. If the mission would send me the money like it should, I wouldn't have to do this. The mission is currently indebted to me over 1000 pesos. I have been waiting a long time. I'm not the only one, of course, but apparently the financiero Elder Faldmo keeps forgetting to send off reimbursals, which is his main job! Oh well, perhaps someday I'll get it, if not I'll have to take out more personal money!

Today was good, we played soccer, but my comp doesn't play, he doesn't like to do stuff. I played exceptionally well, although we lost anyway. It was really fun, and sorry I forgot to take pictures. It was probably the last time to play with other missionaries for Pday, too! It was fun, though, we completely destroyed the soccer ball, and then headed back to Ramallo where we ran into the Rios familia who were coming back from their Mother's Day trip in Santa Fe. By the way, Happy Mothers Day from Argentina! It was this past Sunday! They were happy to see us, and they are still active and coming to church, except for this past Sunday when they went on a trip. But we'll have to see about getting the mom baptised. We'll keep working and try and help them.

Glad to hear about the progress of the house building, and no, I don't mind one bit about living in some condo until it's ready. In fact, I'm sure it will be an improvement. If it has hot water, it will be a luxury! So yes, I'm excited to come home to a condo and I like the sound of it being so close to the temple. That also means I'll be able to get to know the downtown area more, which is an area fairly unknown to me.

That's great news about David, Marisa, Scott, Holly, Grandma and Grandpa. I'm so glad that they're all doing good in their personal things. Thanks for all the advice and stuff. I better get off now, just know I love you all, and hope the best!!!

Love,
Eric
___________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment